At Artisan Dental, we always try to stay ahead of the curve regarding the latest advancements in dental technology. As part of our technological developments, we use a Cone-beam CT Scan, a state-of-the-art tool that gives us an accurate picture of a patient's mouth, teeth, gums, and bones.
Cone-beam CT technology
A dental Cone-beam CT scanner produces a three-dimensional scan of the patient's teeth, jaws, and the soft tissues in the mouth in a single, highly detailed image. A CT scan obtained can display the exact position of your natural teeth, the amount of jawbone available, the position of nerves, sinus cavities, and blood vessels that helps in planning dental treatments precisely, well in advance.
The dentist can instantly view the images obtained by a Cone-beam CT scan on a computer screen and use them to make better diagnostic and procedural planning decisions. Besides, since CT scans emit less radiation than the traditional methods, they deliver safer and more comfortable treatment for the patients.
The Procedure of Cone-Beam CT Imaging
The Cone-beam CT technology consists of a square scanning machine with a chair for patients to sit during the scan. The rotating arm of the scanner can move around the patient and capture images from different angles. These high-quality images are compiled to make one final and detailed 3-D image.
Benefits of Cone-Beam CT Imaging in Dentistry
- It captures highly-detailed images of the soft tissues and bone.
- The Cone-Beam CT Imaging helps in the accurate placement of dental implants.
- It helps to detect and treat mouth tumors.
- It helps in pathological purposes to find the origin of discomforts.
- It helps in surgical planning in complex dental and dental reconstructive surgeries.
- The dentist can use the images obtained to evaluate the patients' nasal cavities, nerve canals, and tooth orientation.
- The Cone-Beam CT Imaging helps in the cleft palate assessment of the patient.
- The scanner produces less radiation than traditional imaging equipment.
- Cone-beam CT imaging helps in endodontics treatments.
- It is a non-invasive imaging system.
The Cone-Beam CT scan produces high-quality three-dimensional images of the patient's mouth, allowing the dentist to view the oral and the maxillofacial region and oral structures from all angles. With this tool, the dentist can assess the patient quickly and effectively, plan out the dental treatments more accurately, and offer patients a comprehensive range of dental procedures under one roof.
Call (763) 519-8880 and book an appointment with Dr. Kamal Ahmed, DDS, at Artisan Dental to know more about our dental technologies.